It's been a film-centric couple of weeks and it doesn't look like slowing anytime soon...

It’s been a film-centric couple of weeks: first up, my Shepperton Studios visit proved something of an eye-opener and the more I’ve read into my subject the more absorbed I've become (see the results in March’s Surrey Life magazine).

Then, last week, I met up with a couple of guys from the industry who have set up a new Surrey film agency.

Basically, if Steven Spielberg fancies heading back at any point, he’ll now have a group on hand to point him in the direction of the best locations in our county (villages with the right parking requirements, historic houses that could benefit from a Hollywood house sitter etc) and then smooth over the actual logistics of the crew coming in.

The long term plan is obviously to make the most of Surrey’s ideal location near to some of the nation’s best studios and two major international airports.

As we haven’t had a permanent film agency pushing the county in recent years, it could lead to some interesting additions to Surrey's already impressive film legacy in the not to distant future.

By the way, has anyone seen Never Let Me Go yet? With Keira Knightley (who grew up in Richmond and attended Esher College), Carey Mulligan (a former Woldingham School student) and Andrew Garfield (raised in Epsom) it boasts an inspiring three pronged Surrey attack.

Finally, I’ve just confirmed that Bryan Singer’s Jack the Giant Killer remake, rumoured to be starring Aaron Johnson (aka John Lennon in Nowhere Boy), is at the start of a long set build in Bourne Woods, Farnham. So, watch this space…

Matt