Archant Community

Ipswich Town's defending makes them an average Championship side

Posted over 8 years ago by Dave Gooderham with 1 comments

AT one stage in the second half of Town's miserable 3-2 defeat by Nottingham Forest, a section of the home fans started chanting 'attack, attack, attack'. In this Saturday's home match against Reading, it wouldn't surprise me if the...

Town's future looks bright - if a little unknown

Posted over 8 years ago by Dave Gooderham with 0 comments

GEORGE Porter, Andrew Hughes, Jamie Proctor and Rory Loy. All reported Ipswich Town targets, but none are names to set the pulses racing in the way Michael Chopra and Lee Bowyer did in the summer. But we are approaching a new dawn in Paul Jewell's...

Sign Keith up - and then make him captain

IT is amazing to think that Keith Andrews was a target for the Blackburn boo-boys. He arrived in Suffolk, labelled as a Premier League reject and with some doubting his importance to the Republic of Ireland side. Well the secret is out. Since signing...

Five England youngsters Jewell might be looking at

AS its Friday, I thought I would have a bit of fun and delve into my crystal ball. Paul Jewell was not at Colchester United last night to watch England Under-21s' comprehensive 5-0 victory over Iceland. But his trusty lieutenants, Chris Hutchings...

It's time to protect Town's fragile defence

HOW do you start picking the bones out of that? The Blues' 3-2 home defeat at rock bottom Doncaster Rovers left too many questions - and all worrying ones. Why was Colin Healy preferred over the young legs of Lee Martin or Josh Carson? Does Paul Jewell...

Why injuries might actually improve Ipswich Town's fortunes

FIRST and foremost, this is not a witch-hunt against Lee Bowyer. There have been far worse than the tenacious midfielder during Town's trio of miserable performances. But his absence from tomorrow's visit of Doncaster Rovers - now deemed a must...

Newsletter Sign Up

Green Un weekly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read

Championship League table

FcTables.com

League One table

FcTables.com
MyDate24 MyPhotos24