Archant Community

Time to panic? Not quite, but Paul Jewell faces his toughest challenge yet

Posted over 8 years ago by Dave Gooderham with 0 comments

PAUL Jewell is said to be confused and David Stockdale can't explain it. Well put me down on the list of people struggling to comprehend how Ipswich Town can totally dominate West Ham at Upton Park and then put in an inept shift against Crystal Palace...

Only Michael Chopra can decide his footballing fate

At his worst, he would wake up in the middle of the night in search of his next hit. He would lie to his parents before looking for an excuse to make a quick exit while he was never "grateful" for the time he spent with his little boy. His employment...

JET largely falls flat in big audition against Palace

Dazzling, frustrating, exhilarating, languid. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, you are all of the above. Unfortunately for Town fans, the man known as JET showed more of his negative traits during his first 90 minutes of the Championship season. He had gone into...

JET can be anything he wants to be...Ruud Gullit, Andy Cole, Terry Venables

Posted over 8 years ago by Dave Gooderham with 1 comments

PAUL Jewell was never going to like reports that one of his players was considering a music career with a hip-hop rapper called Chipmunk. The Town boss has criticised Twitter in the past and footballers' lifestyles in the present. In many ways, he...

Tough-talking match-winner Andrews turns the tables on me

I HAD my first friendly 'confrontation' with a Town star last night. The first time one of my questions has been turned around and asked back to me. The player in question was the affable Keith Andrews, who gave a typically honest and frank admission...

To boo or not to boo? The return of David Norris

PAUL Jewell was on typical good form at yesterday's pre-Portsmouth press conference. He talked about how he is enjoying watching his unbeaten side play at the moment, admitted the Blues were "miles off" from a top-six place at the start...

Town's trip to Cardiff suggests they are still made of the right stuff

MOMENTUM...a seemingly new football buzz-word, or at least one that seems to be all the rage like never before. Whether it is newly-promoted teams or ones with new managers, string a few results together and momentum is what you got. And boy did Ipswich...

Every player has his price - which means some won't make the cut

It has a nasty taste of Groundhog Day. The closing months of last season at Ipswich Town were all too dominated by the contract sagas of David Norris, Gareth McAuley and many, too many, youngsters. Fairly new to the job, Paul Jewell got fed up with the...

Smells like team spirit as Jimmy Bullard has a rival for class clown

PLAYING rock, paper, scissors in the middle of a game. Trying to pull someone's shorts down after he has just scored a goal. Sounds like the antics of a Sunday league side after one too many bevy's the night before. Only I am referring to a professional...

Newsletter Sign Up

Green Un weekly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read

Championship League table

FcTables.com

League One table

FcTables.com
MyDate24 MyPhotos24