MAYBE it's a Friday feeling or maybe it is an excuse to relive the glory days of 1978.

But my thanks to @marmit33 - and the Irish Times - for uncovering the one degree of separation between looney tunes Gaga and the Super Blues' Class of 78.

Of course the answer is Robert John "Mutt" Lange, a man oblivious to me but who, my slightly-smug work colleague informed me, was once Mr Shania Twain.

Mutt wrote and produced Town's cup final song from that victorious year due to his connection, Wikipedia reliably informs me, with the Blues' South African-born Colin Viljoen.

And Gaga? Well Lange is also responsible for her song You & I. So there you have it.

Now I could embed a video of Gaga doing something weird, of which I am sure there are many, or Twain for my male readers but that don't impress me much (see what I did there?!).

So instead, this gives me a perfect excuse to play the mighty Ipswich, Ipswich, Get That Goal, our FA Cup final single from 33 years ago.

Over to you chaps...

* That just leaves me to wish you all a pleasant weekend which we hope will include three points from a daunting trip to the Riverside.

I, however, will not be making the long trip to Middlesbrough due to ushering duties at a wedding.

Don't tell the family, but I will rely on a mix of Twitter and of course www.greenun24.co.uk to keep me updated throughout the day. Before complaining of being tired and having a headache around 11.50pm and retiring to my room to secretly watch the Football League Show - Town are the featured match.