Archant Community

Superman and DC fly to the rescue of Ipswich Town

Posted over 8 years ago by Dave Gooderham with 0 comments

ASK fans of Hull City, Stoke or Portsmouth, and they will tell you a story about Ibrahima Sonko and Danny Collins - and it won't make for pleasant listening. Take Sonko for instance. The towering defender signed for Stoke for £2million but played...

Jimmy Bullard is no water carrier

KEANE, Davids, Makelele, Deschamps, Bullard. Spot the odd one out. When discussing the best defensive midfielders of all time, or even the best in this season's Championship, the name Jimmy Bullard might seem an odd one to throw in the mix. The player...

What have Ipswich Town and Lady Gaga got in common?

MAYBE it's a Friday feeling or maybe it is an excuse to relive the glory days of 1978. But my thanks to @marmit33 - and the Irish Times - for uncovering the one degree of separation between looney tunes Gaga and the Super Blues' Class of 78. Of...

Paul Jewell's diamond lights, a touch of Sir Bobby and Town's wingless wonders

HOLDING players, diamond midfields, isolated strikers - it really has been a case of formation, formation, formation at Ipswich Town this season. Most fans have been unable to decide how the Blues should line-up this season, never mind who should play...

He might not be the loudest but Leadbitter finally speaks volumes on the pitch

HANDS up who agreed with Paul Jewell's starting line-up? I don't mean at 10pm when Town fans were finally able to enjoy a night on the telly, a clean sheet and umpteen chances which ended in three goals. Let me take you back a few hours when news...

Town trio take back seat to real heroes

FOOTBALLERS often get a bad rep. And they usually deserve it whether it is through their behaviour, on and off the pitch, or collecting vulgar wages at a club that they care little of. So on Wednesday night, I felt privileged to see a very different side...

Time for Jewell to get tough

IN seven days time, Ipswich Town could start against Coventry City with a bench containing Ivar Ingimarsson, Lee Bowyer, Grant Leadbitter and one of Daryl Murphy or Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. The likes of Mark Kennedy and Damien Delaney might not even make...

Newsletter Sign Up

Green Un weekly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read

Championship League table

FcTables.com

League One table

FcTables.com
MyDate24 MyPhotos24