Archant Community

Tale of two signings as Blues stutter along Abbey road

Posted over 8 years ago by Dave Gooderham with 0 comments

ONE football writer at the weekend argued that there is always a moment during pre-season that gives a good hint of what lie ahead over the next nine months. At Cambridge United last night, the impressive contingent of Town fans were given glimpses of...

The Hunt for the Blues' October

PRE-season friendlies kick off and a striker scores two goals. Michael Chopra's debut against FC Eindhoven rightly grabbed the headlines but his feat was actually repeated by THREE other Ipswich Town footballers this week. Take a bow Jack Simmons...

Never mind Den Bosch, I've got the Croft

PLEASE allow me to reminisce for a while (well for about 400 words). The date, Saturday, March 25, 2000. The place, Hamlet Croft, Haverhill. The reason, my first football match for the local paper. Haverhill Rovers v March Town United was watched by barely...

Searching for Jesus

ANOTHER day, another player. Today's chosen target was the lesser-known Jesus Rueda, a midfielder at Real Valladolid who is said to be subject of an accepted bid from the Blues. Duty-bound to check out every lead in this silliest of seasons, a quick...

Newsletter Sign Up

Green Un weekly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read

Championship League table

FcTables.com

League One table

FcTables.com
MyDate24 MyPhotos24