Thank you and farewell Harry Potter - until I watch you again!

Posted over 9 years ago by Paul Geater with 0 comments

WE'VE just seen the last film of the Harry Potter saga - Deathly Hallows part two - and it is a superb finale to what has been a splendid series of films, tying up a whole host of threads that have been left fraying since the end of Goblet of Fire...

Think before you break up News International

IT IS quite understandable in the wake of the hacking scandal and further revelations about the relationship between News International, the government, and the police that there should be calls for media giant to be broken up. The reports coming out...

Why the library campaigners won't go away

THE county council insists that all libraries are safe but these protestations don't seem to have cut much ice with library campaigners who are trying to keep up the pressure. The issue dominated Thursday's meeting of the full council - kept it...

Is it really the end for the News of the World?

I HAVE a guilty secret. Every Sunday I read the News of the World. I tell myself it's for the great sport coverage, particularly transfer gossip, but if I'm honest it's also to keep up with the latest scandals. Over the last few days, though...

Glastonbury a triumph for the BBC - whatever the tabloids say!

I'M sure the BBC don't need me to defend them, but after some of the bilge I've seen in some national tabloids over the last few days (you know who you are) I'm afraid I could not shut up for any longer after some of the ludicrous attacks...

The European dream is fading

I'VE been interested in politics since I was a teenager - and the first issue to really grab my attention was the European referendum in 1975. I was a couple of years too young to vote, but followed all the arguments and I was sure what the right...