James Chubb

East Devon Education Ranger James Chubb explores our countryside

Rich rewards for vigilance

Posted over 8 years ago by Web Editor with 0 comments

Sometimes there is occasion for me to look over the border, outside the beloved District, when something really significant occurs in the natural world about which I can pen an article. Last time it was an American man with a germinating pea plant in...

Eyebrow raising wildlife facts

Sometimes nature can produce truly incredible instances. As this is a column which strives to bring you eyebrow-raising wildlife facts, I turned my attention across the Atlantic to allow me licence to pen the dreadful title of this week’s article...

Keeping the heath healthy

Arguably the most important habitat we are lucky enough to have on our doorstep, and certainly one of the few of global significance, is the lowland heath. Sites such as Woodbury Common, Aylesbeare, or Fire Beacon Hill, are more than just lovely places...

Fear for finches

Have you noticed a lack of greenfinches in the garden recently? A few years ago it would have been quite normal to overlook chaffinches and greenfinches as you were straining to get a really good glimpse of a goldfinch quietly lurking in the hedge. However...

Local Weather

Heavy Showers

Heavy Showers

max temp: 14°C

min temp: 3°C

Most Read

Useful Links

Family notices
Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Submit a Story
Buy Photos