I’m beginning to wonder whether we have a parrot rather than a toddler – she copies everything we say! I really have to watch what I say in front of her and I am becoming quite creative with my alternatives to the usual curses! Even when she is the other side of the room, and I don’t think that she is listening, a little voice will pipe up and surprise me, often to comic effect! A few weeks ago I took her along to a doctors’ appointment and he was describing the potential effects of the painkiller he was prescribing me for sinusitis. F had been sitting quietly in her buggy, good as gold, then, all of a sudden, she mimicked the doctor: “dizzzzzzzzyyyyyyy!” making us both jump! Her favourite word at the moment is a forceful “NO!” This is her response to most questions at the moment, even though she does know the word “yes”. This can be quite amusing for us and we have had a lot of fun asking her silly questions! I think, however, that this is just a sign that she is growing up and becoming more assertive. We have already started having tantrums and I’m told it gets worse as they get closer to two…..