May, 2013

Tribal Indians in Guildford gallery

Posted over 8 years ago by Tinx Newton with 0 comments

It is unusual for me to stay hooked to one particular work in an exhibition but at Mirror Mirror, currently showing at the Lewis Elton Gallery, I can’t quite tear myself away from the voices of an Indian tribe coming from one of Salli Tomlinson’s...

Live Antiques Roadshow attracts 4,500 fans

What a difference the sun makes! It certainly did for the 4,500 people who turned up at Polesden Lacey last week for the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow. Queuing for over 3 hours doesn’t seem quite so bad when it’s warm and you can enjoy an...

Grab an early taste of Surrey Open Studios

There are some great Open Studios taster sessions around the county at the moment, offering a flavour of the exciting range of creative work on view at participating studios and galleries in June. (Glass vase by Jake Mee) The Lewis Elton Gallery, a wonderful...

Tactile art at The Sculpture Garden, Bramley

Last Friday was the perfect evening for a wander around the beautiful grounds at Birtley House, currently hosting The Sculpture Garden, an annual event that has grown to be an important date in the summer art diary. The range of work at the exhibition...

Joe Egg now wowing at Kingston's Rose Theatre

Many years ago I interviewed Ralf Little when he was appearing in Billy Liar. He was totally charming with a sharp sense of humour and exuded infectious enthusiasm. Here he is again then, equally charming and displaying mature confidence at the Rose Theatre...