March, 2012 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

March, 2012

St George's College Weybridge ~ Surrey then and now

Posted over 7 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

Having spotted our Then and Now challenge, St George's College Weybridge, who appear in our latest education packed edition, kindly sent over these two contrasting aerial shots of the school. Having spotted our Then and Now challenge , St George’s...

Pop group romanticise Croydon with latest album cover design

Having grown up in Croydon, Saint Etienne have decided to wear the town's influence proudly on their sleeve. Having grown up in Croydon, Saint Etienne have decided to wear the town’s influence proudly on their sleeve. The group’s latest album...

The Festival of Surrey Life is coming in June - now's your chance to get involved

Popped over to the Fox Revived near Horley last night to catch up on plans for this year's Festival of Surrey Life, which is to be held over the diamond jubilee weekend on Sunday June 3 and Monday June 4. Popped over to the Fox Revived near Horley last...

Surrey Olympic torch route and torchbearers announced

Olympic organisers have today revealed full street-by-street details and timings of the torch relay. Olympic organisers have today revealed full street-by-street details and timings of the torch relay, which can be found at www.london2012.com/olympic...

John Carter from Mars lived in Richmond – the National Trust play a surprising movie role

I was met at the gates of the National Trust's Ham House by two burly security guards when I visited for a 400th anniversary feature two years ago. I was met at the gates of the National Trust’s Ham House by two burly security guards when I visited...

James Bond at Hankley Common: Skyfall film set photo update IV

The action stepped up at the MOD site near Thursley this weekend, as our man on the ground captured helicopters practising for shooting in the coming weeks. Here's a few action shots... The action stepped up at the MOD site near Thursley this weekend...

ANIMATE Festival 2012: bringing light and life to the streets of Kingston

A couple of weeks ago we were talking about yarnbombing in Farnham, now the art focus seems to have shifted to Kingston where the world of ANIMATE is turning the town's streets upside down. A couple of weeks ago we were talking about yarnbombing in Farnham...

James Bond at Hankley Common: Skyfall film set photo update III

The latest update on the James Bond Skyfall film set at Hankley Common... Our man on the ground, Surrey Life reader Tim Page, has just been in touch with his latest batch of pictures from the James Bond Skyfall set over at Hankley Common. Much progress...