May, 2011 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

May, 2011

Surrey wine fit for a future king of England - Prince Charles visits Denbies

Posted over 8 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

It's been a wonderful fortnight for Denbies; first their Chalk Ridge rosé was named the best of its kind in the world and then today they received the royal thumbs up. It’s been a wonderful fortnight for Denbies; first their Chalk Ridge rosé...

By George, it's Clooney in Surrey

It appears that Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney has taken a lead from Batman, Keanu Reeves and the royal couple (not that one) and is making his presence felt in Surrey, too. It appears that Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney has taken a lead from...

Prince Charles to visit Denbies, Painshill and Watts Gallery on a royal tour of Surrey

Our county will play host to a series of royal engagements this Thursday as Prince Charles and Camilla visit three of Surrey's most famous attractions Our county will play host to a series of royal engagements this Thursday, as Prince Charles and Camilla...

Batman returns for Croydon filming; Gotham police spotted on the A3

When I received a tweet last night saying that a Gotham police department car had been spotted under wraps heading south on the A3 at Esher, I was suitably confused and put it down to too much sun When I received a tweet last night saying that a Gotham...

Shining an Olympic torch for Guildford's new ‘West End'

Exciting times for our county town (not city), as hot on the heels of last year's £35m Surrey Sports Park comes the £26m G Live entertainment venue AND the £60m Radisson Edwardian hotel (oh, and a small Olympian matter). Exciting times for our county...

Deli of the Year – name your Surrey faves - Gourmet Life

When it comes to what makes a great deli, favourites tend to come down to convenience – places that offer the opportunity to escape the desk for something fully flavoured. Vote now for your Deli of the Year When it comes to what makes a great deli,...

Ode to commuting: Frequent Traveller

An album created over the course of a year during one media executive's daily commute from London Victoria to East Grinstead, via East Croydon and Woldingham, is set for release. Just in time to liven up ‘dull commutersville' One of the things you often...

Dear Lonely Planet, we hear you could do with a little Surrey assistance...

So, we get an almost word for word repeat entry for Surrey from the latest Lonely Planet guide to Britain: “Surrey is the heart of commuterville, chosen by well-off Londoners when they spawn, move out of the city and buy a country pad,” they write...

Keanu believe it?

The threat of being run over by Martin Scorsese's camper van meant that I couldn't mention the name of the latest film to come to Shepperton Studios in March's Surrey Life magazine. Well, we all know now... The threat of being run over by Martin Scorsese’s...

Making a Surrey Life wine - how does one go about these things?

I delved to the bottom of the bottle this weekend – and, no, I don't mean just in my general Festival of Surrey Life bank holiday shenanigans. Cough. I delved to the bottom of the bottle this weekend – and, no, I don’t mean just in my general...