March, 2011 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

March, 2011

For the couple who have everything: introducing Royal T.E.A - Gourmet Life

Posted over 8 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

Rumours that a polypin of the beer is on its way to Buckingham Palace and the Champagne is to be left on ice on Friday April 29 are as yet unconfirmed… I have to admit, I’m not entirely sure whether Prince William and Kate Middleton have ever...

A Day in the Guildford Life of The Beatles

Last week, I was lucky enough to spend an evening with John, Paul, George and Ringo in Guildford Last week, I was lucky enough to spend an evening with John, Paul, George and Ringo in Guildford. As regular readers will know, I’m something of a music...

Drowning in wine with chalk but no cheese

A visit to Godstone yesterday for our Village Life series brought up a stat that never fails to surprise me A visit to Godstone yesterday for our Village Life series brought up a piece of information that never fails to surprise me, however often I hear...

The giant killing looks set to continue

Those famously hyperactive film loving squirrels of Bourne Wood must have found an i-Phone at the bottom of their winter stash, as this pic from the Jack the Giant Killer movie set just popped into my inbox. Those famously hyperactive film loving squirrels...

Formula 1 car as latest modern art sculpture craze?

Art comes in many forms, and this certainly wouldn't be the first time a car drove motoring passions to the point where aficionados cooed and sighed on sight. Art comes in many forms, and this certainly wouldn’t be the first time a car drove motoring...

Away from the headlines, our big society is to be celebrated...

Mornings spent watching the Japanese tsunami, earthquake and ensuing nuclear meltdown, or the civil unrest in the Middle East, make you appreciate the relative simplicity of life in Britain today – yes, there are cuts and occasionally it snows, but...