January, 2011 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

January, 2011

The director's cut

Posted over 8 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

It's been a film-centric couple of weeks and it doesn't look like slowing anytime soon... It’s been a film-centric couple of weeks: first up, my Shepperton Studios visit proved something of an eye-opener and the more I’ve read into my subject...

A Guildford Picture Palace for every town?

On the drive home from last night's viewing of the phenomenal The Kite Runner, my thoughts turned to why there isn't a similar operation in my home town... So, another very pleasant evening at Guildford Picture Palace – if you like your cinema intimate...

From green shoots, a star is born - Michelin stars - Gourmet Life

Whatever your opinion about Michelin star food, there is little doubting the level of technical expertise, skill and effort required to be rated as one of the world's top chefs Whatever your opinion about Michelin star food, there is little doubting the...

A day in the life: film directors travel arrangements and menu-less restaurants...

Life as a magazine writer can take you strange places, and I'm still not sure whether watching a Disney film in Norwegian or reviewing Richmond restaurant Al Boccon Di'Vino was the most interesting part of yesterday Life as a magazine writer can take...

Possibly, the worst kept secret ever? Olympic cycling is coming to Surrey

Shhhh, you didn't hear it from us... Could the long-running rumour that the Surrey Hills will feature on the route for the men's and women's road races at the 2012 Olympic Games finally be set to break through the red tape and don its multinational jersey...