December, 2010 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

December, 2010

Stargazing Live: experience an astronomical event

Posted over 9 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

If, like me, you were clouded out of Tuesday's lunar eclipse (pictured), never fear... If, like me, you were clouded out of Tuesday’s lunar eclipse (pictured), never fear. Guildford Astronomical Society are set to team up with the BBC to host Stargazing...

A ramble around Surrey...

For December's Surrey Life magazine, which is still available in shops, we took a look at ten of the best winter walks. In January's magazine we launch a new monthly walks feature. Yes, we're getting a little rambling crazy but it's nothing to do with...

What are you reading at the moment?

So, what are the last three books you've bought and would you recommend any of them? A super quick post following last night’s Christmas shopping event at Waterstone’s in Guildford High Street. Despite the ominous snow falls, many brave souls...

Tonight's the night! Please avoid starting any fires

It is with a certain amount of trepidation (and empathy for those forced to stand within ear shot) that I approach carol concerts and other public performances. It is with a certain amount of trepidation (and empathy for those forced to stand within ear...

Word blindness

A little glimpse behind the scenes of Surrey Life, where we've (or, more specifically, Caroline has…) been narrowing down the finalists of our new voice for Surrey columnist competition... A little glimpse behind the scenes of Surrey Life , where we’ve...

And now it's only started snowing cats and dogs...

While most of the nation eagerly waits to hear how the World Cup bidding team have got on and whether David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham will be bringing the beautiful game home, I had more important things on my mind. While most of the nation...

Got no dough but have plenty of bread - Gourmet Gossip

Snow, snow, snow! Enough already! Here I am, sat in what are fashionably called 'layers' – many of them – and still trying to work out how best to keep warm, while texts are firing in from friends alternatively taking to the Surrey Hills snowboarding...