October, 2010 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

October, 2010

Lebanon @ Guildford Picture Palace

Posted over 10 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

I'm stuck in a metal box. The temperature's soaring and sweat is dripping from the ceiling. The only way to relieve ourselves is into another smaller metal box – this isn't a night in with a M&S meal deal and favoured bottle of vino I’m stuck...

Effing Hot Chillies! - Gourmet Life

Just recieved my first batch of Effing Hot Chillies, from a geniusly named Effingham-based grower. My eyes stung, skin itched and mouth burned just picking up the box. What should I do next...? Just received my first batch of Effing Hot Chillies from...

A Surrey Life Spotify set list

Having devoured the latest edition of my favourite music magazine, The Word, I noticed they've started to chart each issue with a soundtrack, compiled on the digital music service Spotify. This got me wondering whether it might be possible to put together...

Suburban Ski Sunday in Surbiton 2010

I have no idea whether Alberto Tomba has a sense of humour but if the Italian former alpine ski champion enjoys the lighter side of life and had received an invite, I have little doubt he'd have been in Surbiton on Sunday. I have no idea whether Alberto...

Best sunset views in Surrey?

Having spent a sublime evening cuddled up on a Richmond Hill bench with my girlfriend last night, I ask you where are your favourite sunset views in Surrey? Having spent a sublime evening cuddled up on a Richmond Hill bench with my girlfriend last night...

On the hunt for Steven Spielberg's War Horse in Surrey...

This week, while enjoying my holiday at home (I'm not a staycation kind of guy), I popped down to the abandoned Wisley airfield where Steven Spielberg is currently filming for his adaption of War Horse. This week, while enjoying my holiday at home (I’m...

A sign of the times? Guildford Picture Palace and the independence of Surrey's High Streets

Guildford Picture Palace, the proposed independent cinema for our county town's High Street, missed out on its long hoped for home last week, with a national chain taking the spoils Guildford Picture Palace , the proposed independent cinema for our county...