September, 2010 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

September, 2010

Supercar Sunday with Chris Evans at the Mulberry Inn, Chiddingfold

Posted over 9 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

Having barely recovered from the dull ache of the morning's Sleepwalk, in aid of the Children's Trust, it was off to the Mulberry Inn, Chiddingfold, for Supercar Sunday. Having barely recovered from the dull ache of the morning’s Sleepwalk , in...

Team Newbloke walks the walk for the Children's Trust

Ably led by regular Surrey Life snapper Andy Newbold, Team Newbloke - including yours truly - stumbled across the finish line of the Children's Trust's first Sleepwalk moments before the 3am cut off on Sunday morning Ably led by regular Surrey Life snapper...

La Luna and the moon - Gourmet Life

With its namesake dominating the night sky, it appears that everything they say about La Luna's wine list is true Off to Godalming to review modern Italian restaurant La Luna. Celebrating their tenth anniversary next year, they offer a four course menu...

An idiot's guide to foraging (an identity parade)

Perhaps inspired by editing a piece by the National Trust on foraging in October's Surrey Life magazine, my eyes seemed to be particularly tuned into fungi on this weekend's ramble through Surrey. As an amateur observer however (who doesn't own any reference...

Le dîner de cons @ Guildford Picture Palace

The first showing of the new season took place on the day that the man behind it all, Mark Gudgin, submitted a new bid for 170 High Street, in his efforts to find the enterprise a permanent home To Guildford Picture Palace last night for a showing of...

It's a small world after all

Having recently started a career in publishing, a chance meeting ended up with a good friend getting on like the front and back covers of an international chart topper with a bestselling author Having recently started a career in publishing, a chance...

I'm just no good at goodbyes...

As one chapter closes at Surrey Life others are sure to open, but for the time being we're just going to have to relive the past and get a-cooking "There comes a time in columnists’ lives when they have to say ‘farewell’ and, sob, this...

A little knowledge goes a long way...

Within minutes of arriving at Little Dudley House, Dorking, I was talking to a Lebanese winemaker whose family vineyard is celebrating its 80th anniversary this year. Very quickly I realised I was out of my depth. Do they really make wine in Lebanon?...

Join us for a Sleepwalk round Reigate

On Saturday September 25, Reigatians will be donning their fancy dress and completing a 10 mile night walk in aid of the Children's Trust. Surrey Life will be joining them and undoubtedly getting lost in the dark (or should that be park?) On Saturday...

Space: the final frontier (until the fox is revived)

Any dreams of following in Neil Armstrong and Luke Skywalker's footsteps evaporated into the ether yesterday as we lost mobile signal and with it our Sat Nav. Then there were the uniformly sign-less roads rendering our maps useless... Any dreams of following...