June, 2010 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

June, 2010

So many reasons for Celebrating Surrey

Posted over 9 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

On Saturday, blistering heat and a vibrant carnival atmosphere greeted Caroline and I as we attended the Celebrating Surrey arts festival at Loseley Park. On Saturday, blistering heat and a vibrant carnival atmosphere greeted Caroline and I as we attended...

Global Summer gets Celebrating Surrey off to a, well...

Glorious sunshine and the promise of an evening of world music in the stunning grounds of Loseley Park, near Guildford, meant that I had high expectations for Global Summer. Despite glorious sunshine and wonderful music performances in the stunning grounds...

Reasons to be wary: you've got a long lost African cousin who is a REAL billionaire etc

Actually, it's just the door-to-door sales techniques of a fellow claiming to work for Southern Electric at this point... I just had someone cold call at my front door claiming to be a district manager from Southern Electric - well, he had what looked...

Pimm's o'clock at Polesden Lacey's Midsummer Garden Party

It was a perfect early summer evening for the guests who gathered for croquet, canapés and Pimm's at the National Trust's Polesden Lacey, Great Bookham. After the stresses and strains of England’s down to the wire World Cup qualification and the...

#surreyindependentsday

From the smallest acorn, grows a giant, well, day of celebration for Surrey's independent businesses, hopefully A few weeks back, I was, using the modern parlance, Tweeting with the owners of a Haslemere pet company, called, appropriately enough, Haslemere...

Deli of the Year

Nominations for Deli of the Year close on Wednesday June 30 and it would be great to get a couple of Surrey favourites on the shortlist What makes a great deli? Well, as you may have noticed I’m now a homeworker (sorry, I know that I’ve banged...

Escaping the vuvuzelas with a weekend in Paris

The opportunity to take a holiday while working on a monthly magazine is about as rare as a moment of solitude in a South African football stadium these days. The opportunity to take a holiday while working on a monthly magazine is about as rare as a...

How on earth do you homework?

As some of you may already be aware, the editorial staff here at Surrey Life are about to become homeworkers. I can see issues arising... As some of you may already be aware, the editorial staff here at Surrey Life are about to become homeworkers. I can...