May, 2010 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

May, 2010

Surrey food and drink award winners: I can't keep up

Posted over 9 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

We've barely been able to draw breath this year as Surrey's food and drink offerings have continued to pick up award after award. We’ve barely been able to draw breath this year as Surrey’s food and drink offerings have continued to pick up...

Buy your own Batmobile at Brooklands

If you head down to Brooklands Museum, Weybridge, on Wednesday June 2 you could drive away in your very own Batmobile. Yes, really... If you head down to Brooklands Museum, Weybridge, on Wednesday June 2, you could drive away in your very own Batmobile...

How on earth do you cook asparagus?

As I type, the taste of heaven that has just disappeared off my plate still implores me to find more. As I type, the taste of heaven that has just disappeared off my plate still implores me to find more. I’m not quite sure what my girlfriend did...

Cowpie country show in Betchworth and an enterprising couple

Despite the weather, thousands descended on Betchworth for the 30th anniversary Cowpie country show this morning Despite the weather, thousands descended on Betchworth for the 30th anniversary Cowpie country show this morning. Organised by Surrey Young...

Long live the king. Hiccup hooray!

I've got to admit, I had originally intended to be a traitor to my Surrey sensibilities on Saturday I’ve got to admit, I had originally intended to be a traitor to my Surrey sensibilities on Saturday and visit Hever Castle with my girlfriend –...

GuilFest spreads its wings

Sat in the office today proofing a piece on GuilFest for June's Surrey Life magazine took me back to Friday night and Hammersmith Apollo Sat in the office today proofing a piece on GuilFest for June's Surrey Life magazine took me back to Friday night...