February, 2010 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

February, 2010

Why Shakespeare is thriving in Guildford, continued...

Posted over 9 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

Following on from the spectacular success of Guildford Shakespeare Company's venture indoors this month, Surrey residents will already be looking forward to their more 'routine' outdoor performances of the bard's work this summer. But, there is also set...

Party at Little Dudley House restaurant in Dorking

There's a new Dorking cockerel sculpture that has managed to stalk its way right into the town's centre without too much commotion at all There’s a new Dorking cockerel sculpture that has managed to stalk its way right into the town’s centre...

Parakeets in Surrey

What are your views on our exotic neighbours? Friend or foe? Returning to a topic we covered in the not too distant past, I just had the pleasure of witnessing a flock of parakeets pass by our Reigate office window. On what would have otherwise been a...

A night at the Rose Theatre with Dave Gilmour, Ian McKellen and, oh yes, Judi Dench...

As one of my friends put it to me: ‘you must be Shakespeare-d out by now?' Well, no, it seems. My taste for the bard currently appears to be inexhaustible As one of my friends put it to me: ‘you must be Shakespeare-d out by now?’ Well, no...

Dame Judi Dench in A Midsummer Night's Dream at Kingston's Rose Theatre

With the excitement building, as tonight's visit to Kingston's Rose Theatre for Peter Hall's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream grows imminent... With the excitement building, as tonight’s visit to Kingston’s Rose Theatre for Peter Hall...

Guildford Shakespeare Company's Romeo and Juliet

Firstly a confession... Firstly a confession... ...despite having a brilliant English teacher at school, I never really got Shakespeare. I can’t put my finger exactly on what it was, but for some reason it just never clicked as a youth. Life seems...

Tea and biscuits with Lawrence Dallaglio

In just two days time, England rugby legend Lawrence Dallaglio will set off around the Six Nations stadiums on his very own charity tour de Europe. In just two days time, England rugby legend Lawrence Dallaglio will set off around the Six Nations stadiums...

Stig of the pub?

Some say that when the helmet comes off, you'll find him playing the pub landlord… Some say that when the helmet comes off, you’ll find him playing the pub landlord… Some say that delightful pub, which can be found in Shere, is festooned...

Breakfast, Buckland, Betchworth, Brockham, Box Hill and bread

Why this weekend's letter was most definitely B This weekend’s letter was most definitely B . No, I haven’t come over all Sesame Street; I've just been a rather busy bee. Saturday morning saw a bright early start and an brief appearance as...