December, 2009 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

December, 2009

Conquering the walk to work with John Lennon

Posted over 10 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

We're already well on our way with the February edition of Surrey Life and yet coincidentally I've just come across some inspiration for the walk into work tomorrow We're already well on our way with the February edition of Surrey Life and yet coincidentally...

There's always time to procrastinate

And so, a weekend that had originally been such a packed diary has now emptied due to the weather And so, a weekend that had originally been such a packed diary has emptied due to the weather and left me with nothing more than the decision to start wrapping...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ...

Think back to February and as one the nation enjoyed a snow day. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ... Think back to February and as one the nation enjoyed a snow day. Company MDs took a look out of the window, dug out their Arctic wear and sledges...

Christmas Carols, Phil Tufnell and unintentional firestarters

It's finally time for the sell out Surrey Life CHASE Carol Concert, on what promises to be a frantically busy day. I should be used to it by now ... shouldn't I? Today promises to be a busy one at Surrey Life towers. Not only are we tying up the last...

Lumière at RHS Garden Wisley

Well there are Christmas lights and then there are Christmas lights Well there are Christmas lights and then there are Christmas lights. As we walked towards the Glasshouse, 20ft silhouettes obviously belonging to some monstrous horticultural beings were...

Raise a glass to Surrey's best pub for a cosy winter lunch

Over 7,500 of your votes made our hunt for the best winter pub an extremely competitive affair. Now, it has reached it's conclusion and we have our winner... Congratulations to the Talbot Inn in Ripley, which, in the final week of voting, pulled into...

Your favourite view in Surrey?

I took a stroll up Reigate Hill this morning; it takes some beating... I took a stroll up Reigate Hill this morning. The view sure does take some beating and the wind isn't half bad at clearing the cobwebs away either. So, what's your favourite view in...

The best of the century? Really?

What's with this incessant championing of the 'best of the century' already? As regular readers will know, I'm something of a music nut... Coupled with my, hopefully obvious, interest in the written word, this leads me to a whole host of magazine subscriptions...

Shakespeare heads indoors in Guildford

Just like buses, my theatrical interactions seem to have come all at once Just like buses, my theatrical interactions seem to have come all at once this month after a rather barren patch. Following my trip to the Harlequin in Redhill on Saturday , today...