November, 2009 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

November, 2009

Bah, humbug!

Posted over 10 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

Getting in the Christmas spirit with a host of, erm, Christmas spirits... Bah, humbug! It's always an interesting time of year in the publishing business - as in many ways Christmas has been and gone, with the December edition already in stores. I have...

Wine and dine in top gear

I could get used to that drive in in the morning: a serene and leisurely journey along the A25 in stunning sunshine, passing through Albury et al I could get used to that drive in the morning: a serene and leisurely journey along the A25 in stunning sunshine...

Surrey's top pub for a cosy winter lunch - the debate rages on

Almost 1,000 people have voted for their top Surrey pub in just over one week. We appear to have hit a nerve... Almost 1,000 people have voted for their top Surrey pub in just over one week. We appear to have hit a nerve. What is clearly apparent is how...

40 years as your county magazine... almost.

As 2010 approaches, we cast our eyes back... 2010 marks two significant landmarks for Surrey Life: the original mag - under the guise of Surrey The County Magazine - was launched in 1970, and we'll also be returning to stunning landscape shots for the...

One poll that is on time

With all these fancy new gadgets to hand, we had to try something a little different... With all these fancy new gadgets to hand, we had to try something a little different. That's why we're whittling down November's 15 pubs for a cosy winter pub lunch...

Welcome to Great British Life and Surrey Life's new online home

I had hoped that the launch of Great British Life would be a day to celebrate.... I had hoped that the launch of Great British Life would be a day to celebrate and due to many of the new features you're eagerly getting used to, it would appear to be so...