September, 2009 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

September, 2009

Blind to beauty - Waverley Abbey, Watts Chapel, Frensham Ponds

Posted over 10 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

If you haven't been to Waverley Abbey, stop whatever you are doing, set your sat nav to GU9 8EP and go, go, go. Now If you haven’t been to Waverley Abbey, stop whatever you are doing, set your sat nav to GU9 8EP and go, go, go. Now. If you need...

What are the secrets behind an entrepreneurial mind? Is it the socks?

I stumbled upon a documentary on Dragons' Den star Peter Jones last night I stumbled upon a documentary on Dragons' Den star Peter Jones last night. I'm not an avid TV watcher, usually preferring a good film, book or magazine to the latest 'must watch...

The Surrey Life charity lunch with Virginia McKenna

I've got to admit, I felt a tiny bit intimidated. There I was in a room packed full of 150 women laughing, joking and conversing; alone... I’ve got to admit, I felt a tiny bit intimidated. There I was in a room packed full of 150 women laughing...

If you were out in the woods this weekend...

If you were out in woods of East Horsley this weekend, you may well have bumped into me dragging my rather exasperated girlfriend around by the hand with a look of consternation etched into my features. It was perfectly innocent I assure you If you were...

The blur continues this weekend...

It's that time of year again: Heritage Open Days is here. It's that time of year again: Heritage Open Days is here. Will you be acting the tourist in your home county and exploring any of our historic treasures? And, if so, which ones? I reckon I'll be...

It's all becoming a bit of a blur...

Only working till lunchtime, when a glass or three of champagne and lunch would take hold of the day. It's hard to imagine these days. Or maybe I'm just not organising my diary well enough... Been reading the last send offs for Keith Waterhouse; a truly...