The magazine is taking shape, with some particularly exciting new additions – including a high profile new writer… intrigued? You will be…

Well it’s certainly been a high octane return to action as I fell full force into the midst of deadline week. The magazine is taking shape, with some particularly exciting new additions – including a high profile new writer… intrigued? You will be…

Anyway, I should stop teasing you all really but we don’t want to give the whole game away already, so a little patience is called for.

This morning took me to Dorking, where I noticed the cockerel seems to be threatened by some rather excitable foliage (perhaps time to get the strimmers out, hey?).

The purpose of my visit was recording studios and the results will arrive fully developed in the August edition – I’m not making an album but I am looking at Surrey’s intriguing musical history. Stories involving Elton John, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder may or may not make the cut…

I better leave it at that.

Life continues to move swiftly tonight as Reigate and Redhill faces an unprecedented 20 gigs in 20 different pubs. I’ll try and keep up.