April, 2009 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

April, 2009

To bet or not to bet

Posted over 10 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

It's not all that often that you get to stand a foot away from royalty It's not all that often that you get to stand a foot away from royalty when their appearance is not especially public and you're not on that day’s particular introductions list...

Whitebells?

Okay, a quick query and I apologise for my lack of horticultural nous Okay, a quick query and I apologise for my lack of horticultural nous (I'm sure I could find the answer with a quick Google too but it's more fun this way). On my recent strolls through...

The bluebells are coming...

Here's a fairly rubbish camera phone picture for you to better... Spent yesterday walking among the bluebell woods of Earlswood among other things and that most popular of woodland plants is most definitely on its way. Here's a fairly rubbish camera phone...

I'm Henry VIII I am, I am

If you had the power to remove any Surrey town or village to make way for your new home, which would you choose? For last month's mag, I wrote about Henry VIII's favourite ship, The Mary Rose. Next month, you'll get to read about my visit today to the...

Is it possible to have a real holiday these days?

I'm sure it's not just a trait of publishing: that h word comes around and for a moment everyone gets excited... I'm sure it's not just a trait of publishing: that h word comes around and for a moment everyone gets excited... then the realisation dawns...

He gets there... eventually...

My apologies to anyone who struggled through their weekend without my meanderings... Okay, okay, okay... I'm sorry. I know I should have updated this sooner, to fill you in on all the thrills and spills of Thursday's festivities but, well, the red wine...

April Fools?

It's that time of year again where you tend to cast a peek at the day's headlines with an even more cynical eye than you might normally... It's that time of year again where you tend to cast a peek at the day's headlines with an even more cynical eye...