March, 2009 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

March, 2009

The Surrey Business Awards and avoiding dinner table gaffes...

Posted over 10 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

Is it still fashionable to be late? It's the Surrey Business Awards on Thursday at Saville Court Hotel, Windsor Great Park, and the Surrey Life office is rapidly descending into a mad panic about what to wear and travel arrangements - is it still fashionable...

What are you listening to right now?

So, here goes, the ever changing Matt's Top 5 records... Having been well and truly inspired by music again over the weekend, I realised that unlike blogs I have run in the past, I have yet to write any 'what am I listening to now' type piece - and historically...

Music makes the world go round

Carving a swathe through the world's top music pages with my inky swill. When I originally got into writing, I think I always imagined (maybe that should be dreamt) that I'd end up becoming the rock critics rock critic - carving a swathe through the world...

Why did the Mary Rose sink?

Some of you might find this an odd question for a writer from a landlocked county to ask... Some of you might find this an odd question for a writer from a landlocked county to ask but then some of you might also find it slightly surprising to discover...

The Apprentice: to watch or not to watch?

So, the contenders for this year's series of The Apprentice have been announced today. So, the contenders for this year's series of The Apprentice have been announced today. Jumping into the firing line of Sir Alan this year are two Surrey residents sure...

Virginia McKenna and Born Free

If you weren't aware of wildlife charity Born Free before, this past few weeks have probably put that right. If you weren't aware of wildlife charity Born Free before, this past few weeks have probably put that right. Whether it is the charity's fight...

Counting down to a momentous occasion...

Millions of people around the world will be keeping half an eye on their clock, debating whether to dip into their pockets for their credit cards. Tomorrow is the big day. Millions of people around the world will be keeping half an eye on their clock...

Have you ever lied about reading a book?

I have to admit, there are a few books gathering dust on my shelves that I've purchased in a bout of intellectual hunger that swiftly fled after the first paragraph. We're lucky enough to have a very switched on work experience student working with us...

Meeting Martin Johnson and the boys

The first thing you notice when meeting a professional rugby player is just how big they really are. The first thing you notice when meeting a professional rugby player is just how big they really are. The second thing you notice is that, despite the...