February, 2009 - A ramble through Surrey - Surrey Life - Archant Community

February, 2009

The problem with bright colours...

Posted over 10 years ago by mwilliams with 0 comments

Human rights groups are fighting the recently introduced community payback vest. Why? I saw something on the news last night that thoroughly intrigued me and if anyone better informed can put me right on why I find the issue so confusing, I'd be much...

Back on two legs again...

A wobbly old year came to a rather more sturdy conclusion yesterday, as I stepped onto a football pitch for the first time A wobbly old year came to a rather more sturdy conclusion yesterday, as I stepped onto a football pitch for the first time since...

Qualified for what exactly?

As we continue to pick and scrape amongst the debris of the monetary holocaust... As we continue to pick and scrape amongst the debris of the monetary holocaust and those responsible continue to bask in astoundingly respectable pay offs and positions...

TV and the heating bill...

It was one of those weekends really It was one of those weekends really. Maybe it was the weather or that I was reduced to saying ‘well, at least they tried’, when England threw away a chance to win in the latest bout of egg chasing. Perhaps...

The Darwin Awards

On that celebration of plain stupidity that is The Darwin Awards 200 today, hey? He's looking good for his age, isn't he?! It's a cold, chilly day and I'm sure there are a few of you out there who are struggling to get into the spirit of such a momentous...

Save Our Socks

I may not be the tidiest person in the world but I'm reasonably well trained Following a rather epic deadline day, I feel the need for a little quick and very light relief. So, I am going to attempt to answer that age old conundrum: Why do socks go missing...

I'm sorry... or am I?

Not since Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand made those unfortunate calls have I heard so many apologies as I did this morning Today, I braved public transport for the first time since the Big Freeze began and, to be honest, it thoroughly confused me. Not...

Happy National Duvet Day!

While three quarters of the nation's working population take a collective duvet day (probably), here I am at Surrey Life towers That's the problem with living just down the road from work really. I mean, if I had a torturous drive down winding country...