Archant Community

Posted over 8 years ago by Rachael Hale with 0 comments

What does the industrial revolution, the first Christmas card and the tune of 'On Ilkla Moor baht'at' have in common? The Cranbrook Colony. But who were they? I travelled to the Cranbrook Museum to find out. Arriving at the home of the Cranbrook Museum...

Sitting on a bench outside Tonbridge library I try to get to grips with the little MP3 player and map I have just been given. Music plays into my ear and then the calming voice of the actress, Louise Jameson. ‘It is a truth universally acknowledged...

The murder of Archbishop Thomas Becket is probably the first thing that springs to mind when Canterbury Cathedral is mentioned. But, as Robin Eyers gave me a very special tour, I discovered it has far more to reveal. The murder of Archbishop Thomas Becket...

Knole is a house full of dark corners and forgotten places. And whether you are interested in the building itself or the family that have made it their home for over four hundred years one theme keeps reoccurring -secrets. Since Thomas Sackville commissioned...