Archant Community

Posted over 8 years ago by David Philpott with 0 comments

What have football pundits, political leaders, a warrior princess and a country and western singer all got in common? Well nothing really, but this week, thoughts about Andy Gray, Margaret Thatcher, Boudicca and Johnny Cash all coalesced in a concrete...

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself". Try telling that to a six foot tall underground explorer being chased by a ghost at 3am. MINE'S A GHOST STORY Over the years, the family had heard many stories of phantoms and ghosts apparently residing in their...

Unlike William Wordsworth - who seemed surprised to stumble upon a crowd of golden daffodils - no harbinger of spring will creep up stealthily on me. Silence the cuckoos and bury the crocuses beneath yet more snow if you must, ye gods, but nothing will...

Criss-crossing Kent for a sequence of meetings - and a charming lunch - can lead to feelings of unease if you are having too much fun. Neverthesless, I managed to suppress any feelings of guilt - evoked no doubt by memories of childhood truancy - as I...

High on the Kentish Downs, sits a little village with a silly name. However, it was not this village's quirky history that intrigued me this week but rather, the thoughts it provoked about home - or to be more precise - homes. AN OLD WIVES TALE These...