Archant Community

Posted over 9 years ago by David Philpott with 0 comments

It may have been a wet and washed - out August, but ships sailing down the High Street - surely not? David Philpott recalls how sometimes the most childish of thoughts can impinge upon the most grown up of situations. SHIP AHOY! My week ended at my 3...

Eat your heart out J-LO and meet my mate Kenny from the Block. You can take a boy out of the Downhman Estate but you can never take Downham out of the boy. KENNY FROM THE BLOCK Last week I was inspired. I seemed to be meeting people who for all sorts...

Who needs H.G. Wells and his famous time machine when the internet can transport you back thirty years? David Philpott tells this week about his time travelling journey to Moggerhanger Park. MOGGERHANGER I had been planning to write this week about pubs...

If home is where the heart is, bury mine in Essetesford. Better still, club together and buy a bench in my honour, so that passers-by can take a seat and contemplate dissappearing daughters, rescued kittens and similar soap operas. THE MYSTERY OF THE...

They say that home is where the heart is but as David Philpott points out, it takes more than a bed and a good night's sleep to make a home. TRAIN OF THOUGHT We are all familiar of course, with the stereo-typical image of the bowler-hatted civil servant...